Friday, January 14, 2011

NEW JAMZ 4 U [wknd mosh edition]


Being old is cool because you have more money and power than teenagers and people in their early 20s, but one of the bad parts is being jaded as fuck about new music. Sometimes I just feel like I've heard it all, and there's nothing new and interesting out there. That might be true, but one thing I never get tired of is some ignorant moshcore, such as these two tracks I came across this week.


This hot deathcore track from DEFILER kicks off with one of the hardest misogynist breakdowns since the ABACABB record: "I WANNA SEE YOU CRY, BITCH! OOOOOOOH!" Hard as fuck!! Kinda lulzy but you can't hate, apparently these kids are still in high school and this song is fucking sick.


I guess this song is actually old, but whatever-- it brings the mosh so it's worth sharing. CROOKS TO KINGS is a sweet moshcore band from Tacoma, Washington which is cool because that's where my mom is from. These dudes are all thugged out, but I just think of Tacoma as where I had to go for Thanksgiving and stuff when I was a kid. Anyway, tight song!


Hope you moshed your balls off! How long until one of the guys in Defiler quits the band to start a non-hardcore project (Pierce The Veil-style post-hardcore or dubstep DJ are the most likely IMO)?? I am always looking for new moshcore tracks- do you have any recommendations??