Sunday, January 16, 2011

What rap/rnb songs should I like??

Jessi Malay = WOULD WIFE

Now that scene is dead and easycore has been ruined by Euro pop-punk bands, I am looking for a new genre of music to dedicate my life to. Before I was ever into punk, hardcore, or metal, I was into rap (this was in like 1986-1988, before most of you were born), and I feel like 2k11 might be the year where I am 'all about hip-hop.' But not the ghey shit that white ppl who went to art school like Aesop Rock or whatever. I am more into top-40 club rap, like the kind of stuff they play when you want to get wasted, have some girl you don't know grind on your dick, then have sex with a stranger after you stagger home with her.

In this post, I will share some of the rap songs I like so that you can get an idea of where I'm coming from. Please make suggestions in the comments! And again, none of that boring indie/artsy rap-- donotwant.jpg!


POW WOW, baybay!


Don't think this song ever caught on, but I loved Filipina cutie Jessi Malay


"Ice Cream Paint Job" is currently my favorite song, makes me feel like I am rolling like a big shot whenever I bump it in my whip


What happened to snap music??


I have no idea if Special Ed is respected by rap nerds these days, but he was a pretty fucking good MC if you ask me (I think this is from about 1988?)


HOW MANY NIGGAS IN THE CLUB WANNA ROLL?? I ask myself this question every day.


Pretty sure the JERKIN MOVEMENT didn't last longer than 2k9.5, but I still love this song


1. Video is so lulzy #oakland 2. Song is pretty tight


This song is the perfect soundtrack to a "girls night out", but fuck it-- Enrique Iglesias is so pretty even I would hit it


I srsly think the Ying Yang Twins might be retarded, but they had some great songs (see also "Your Daughter Likes Black Dick")


Another oldie- the hardest song by the hardest MC of all time RAKIM!


The first time I heard this was at party in 2004 or so with my friend who had just taken a Vicoden then drank a bunch, and I was srs afraid he was going to die. To this day, if I need a fake phone number I use (281) 330-8004.


I think Cherish was some sort of failed attempt at a girl group, I know almost nothing about them other than this song, which is really great!



Don't know much about Rasheeda either, but she seems ghetto as fuck- the whole album is actually pretty good though


Ciara had a couple jams- feel like she would've been more popular if she was as hot as Ashanti (she is one fine bish)


Flo-Rida = king of songs that will make drunk girls dance like a slut when they come on


I guess when you boil it down, I'm into R&B songs with girl singers, ignorant southern party rap and shit for black nerds who wear skinny jeans and Pierce The Veil shirts, but I'm open to whatever. Nothing is too obvious, because there are lots of good popular songs that I forgot about and would be stoked to put on my iPod again! And remember... no artsy rap please!